by Deb Dalton, Information Specialist, NYCAMH
In recent months, there has been a lot of talk in the media about farmers and mental health.
Take a look at some recent offerings:
- A recent webinar aired online, titled: Communicating With Farmers Under Stress, hosted by The North Central Region – Rural Support Network Team.
- A piece from Radio Iowa, November 2017: “Expert says psychological stress on farmers often overlooked.”(www.radioiowa.com)
- A research publication: Suicide among agricultural, forestry, and fishery workers: a systematic literature review and meta-analysis. Scand J Work Environ Health. 2018;44(1):3-15.
- A December 2017 article in Successful Farming: “Calming the Storm”; farmers and ranchers need to find a way to manage the stress in their lives before it takes a toll on their mental and physical health. (Prater, Lisa)
- “Rough Ride” / Salena Zito. New York Post Dec. 17, 2017
- A December 2017 article in The Guardian: “Why are America’s farmers killing themselves in record numbers?”